The best holiday ever

 At Christmas 2018 I went to Temuco with my grandparents to accompany my great-grandmother, since she lived alone and I missed her a lot. My grandparents stayed at her house for a month, while I stayed two months to spend more time with her. For me it was the best vacation so far because I could feel that I got much closer to the soul of my great-grandmother, feeling with her what led her to suddenly move to that house far from the world.

"Grandmother", by the painter Thomas James Lloyd (1849-1910)


The most special moment for me was what might seem like the simplest thing in the world. I remember waking up with my great-grandmother at seven in the morning, going to the chicken coop to get the eggs for breakfast while she put the kettle on to boil and put the kneaded bread made the other day on the table. Seeing her sitting with a glass of yerba mate water between her callused hands and with a wrinkled smile on her face welcoming me, I thought that she was an immortal being, a spirit that was unfazed by anything. In that silent moment I felt at peace. I miss you so much, "abuelita pita".


"taking tea", by the painter Gregory Frank Harris


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite series: GAME OF THRONES

Topic: "English Language Challenges"

Topic A music artist: AURORA